Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Update with some Funnies

#1 - The Bible study in our home is going well. There are 5 teenagers and 2 adults who have been faithfully hearing a gospel truth each week. Lesson 1 was on the authority of Christ, lesson 2 on the crucifixion of Christ, and last week we studied about the resurrection of Christ. Tonight our study will take us to a definition of grace - I can't wait as this is of utmost importance in a culture where grace is dependent on works! Ironically 6 of the students have been coming because of me, right? Wrong. One of the adults has relentlessly pursued his friends to come. Trust me - I am delighted that they are here - no complaints. The last two studies have been interesting though. Imagine yourself teaching the lesson, when all of a sudden you are interrupted, so that a student can clarify something or explain a brand new idea vs. maybe asking a question. He is interesting in that he will explain the whole thing with all confidence, many times using information I have shared with him in private, and then at the very end say something like - correct me if I'm wrong David. You must believe that I am delighted this is happening! My prayer is that he will repent and believe in Christ so that these truths will be a personal reality to him and he will go on to teach himself!

#2 We have recently been watching the Confederations Cup - a soccer tournament among 8 teams. The tension in the room is always high - especially anytime Brazil plays. Little did I know this enthusiasm was contagious. It seems my son quite enjoys Brazilian goals as well. See for yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! cute!
-auntie leah :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, this really makes me miss you guys!!! Jonna