Saturday, March 17, 2012

We have been back in the States for over a week now.  It's been a lot of fun.  I'm just going to post some pictures with a brief explanation that kind of summarize the last 10 days or so.  

We are thankful for friends who came to say goodbye the day before we left.  It feels good to know you are loved and will be missed. 

Gabe was so excited to go on his first plane ride that he can remember.  We are thankful for safe flights and smooth traveling.
I am thankful for my little boy who loves super heroes.  This was in the Rio airport during our long layover.

I'm thankful for family who got up super early to be at the airport to welcome us back.

Starbucks ... yes, I'm thankful for that.  Had to stop there on the way home from the airport.

Our home church has graciously provided a beautiful, furnished house for us to live in during our furlough.  The kitchen table was piled with fun groceries and gifts from people in the church. I'm thankful for how the body of Christ shows love for each other in such tangible ways.

Per my request, my family went to a Mexican restaurant the first night we were back.  Chips and salsa ... how can you not be thankful for that?  Try going without it for 4 years, and then you'll understand.
I'm very thankful for my precious little girl who turned 2 on Sunday.  We had a party for her at a very crazy, crowded, loud Chuck E. Cheese's. 

I'm so thankful that I got to be here to see my dad baptize both my brother and my oldest nephew. 

My parents and siblings -- together again after 5 years or so.  I'm thankful for each of them and the fact that I can be near them for the next few months.

Here are some other things that I've been very thankful for this week that I don't have pictures for:

* Having a car to borrow while we look for one to buy

* Parks and libraries to take the kids to (for free)

* Wal Mart and Target :)

* A bag of groceries left anonymously at our doorstep one morning

* An old friend bringing bags of groceries and staying to talk for a few hours

* A cool phone provided by friends who have added us to their plan while we're here

* A dishwasher

* The kindness of random strangers

* Hearing about one of our church ladies in Brazil teaching Bible stories in her child's public school



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!! Praise the Lord for your brother and nephew!! Enjoy your time with family!

James and Christen said...

It is so cool to see and recognize all the good gifts of God. We are praying for you and are so excited to see how God is caring for you.