This past Sunday our church group had a potluck lunch after our Sunday morning prayer time. We wanted to encourage our people to come out and pray together, something which has been very difficult. It was also a way to welcome a couple of new families of believers who have joined us recently and get them to interact with our regulars in a more informal way. These families have already been such a blessing and a help to us and we are thankful God sent them our way.
Here are some things we prayed for that you can be praying for us as well:
* That God will be glorified through the kids' club we are having at church this week
* For good weather during the kids' club (it ALWAYS seems to rain, regardless of what time of year we have the club.)
* That many children will come and be impacted by the gospel
* For good opportunities for follow-up visits
* Spiritual growth in the lives of our church group -- those in leadership as well as the newer converts ... we all need to continue to be transformed by the gospel
* Salvation of several who have attended our church, including the husbands of two of our ladies
* For several children who come regularly on their own. They have little or no encouragement at home to be going to church. In fact, recently the mother of one girl has prohibited her from coming. Pray that God will save these children at their young age and use them as shining lights in their homes.
Thank you for your interest in our work. Wherever you are right now, will you please just take a few minutes to lift some of these requests up before God's throne on our behalf?