Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sisters and Coffee

I love my sisters. I have three of them. It's been over three years since I've seen them. For a while after we were all grown and married, we all lived in the same city. One of our favorite things to do was to spend an evening at a coffee shop, flipping through books and magazines, talking and laughing our heads off, and drinking fancy coffee drinks. I miss my sisters a lot and I miss those fun nights talking and laughing over coffee.


My sisters and I a few months before I left for Brazil.

For the past four months, Christen (my sister-in-law) and I have been having a weekly Bible study with our little group of church women. Since this was Christen's last study with us before leaving for furlough on Monday, we decided it would be fun to take the women to a coffee shop and do our study there. The women were so excited because they had never been to one before. Plus, it was a chance to get away without any of our kids and THAT doesn't happen very often.




It was so fun to introduce them to cappuccino and whipped cream. We had a great time and laughed a lot over our delicious drinks.



We were able to do our Bible study because even though we were sitting outside and the place was pretty crowded, our tables were in a back corner and there weren't very many distractions. I think we were all challenged and convicted about sins we need to be putting off, and to be longing for the pure spiritual milk, which is God's Word.




Not to sound corny, but I am thankful for this new group of sisters God has placed in my life. None of us are biologically related, but because of the blood of Jesus, we have God as our Father, and that is a family bond that will last forever.









6 comments:

Rena said...

Love this post! The detail & picture of your own sisters was a nice connection. :)
Love...Mom

Anonymous said...

Lovely post!! I was surprised to see the picture of us girls. I seriously thought for a second..."that girl looks like me." LOL. Looking forward to making more memories just like that next year. =) BTW, they are way more generous with the whipped cream in Brazil than here in the States. ;) Looks like you have a very nice group of "spiritual sisters."
--Jonna

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I have three sisters as well. I love your idea and may just have to "steal" it. Much love to you and the family.

Vicki said...

Love this blog about sisters! God has richly blessed you with lots of them!

Rachel said...

What a neat lady's ministry God has given ya'll!!! Thanks for sharing and will continue praying for you, these ladies, and the Bible studies you are having.