Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Outreach Results

Result - Christ was preached and God was glorified! As you can see, there was only a handful of friends present, but God used the gospel visually and verbally to touch hearts. James focused on why Christ suffered emphasizing the justification of sinners. Adelar (first on the right in the group of three on the left) was someone I met last week and seems to be affected strongly by the gospel. Sharon and I will do a Bible study at his house on Tuesday evening.

Cristiano (here in the back) has been a work in progress. I have had two studies with him and his wife Debora. He works 10-12 hours a day making it difficult to meet up - but we will not give up.

The small group of 4 teens in the front attended a series of 6 gospel studies at our house last year. I had not seen them since. Praise God for bringing them!


José Augusto on the back row has attended 3 of our evangelistic events!

As you can see we had chairs set up for 70 or more. Obviously this did not happen - so we take refuge in clear Biblical truth: I Cor. 15:58 - "Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

2 comments:

James and Christen said...

Great verse! We are standing & abounding with you.

Anonymous said...

Yes, don't give up on Cristiano. I'm so proud of you guys and all your work. And I love the picture of Gabriel sitting on the front row. Classic MK picture!! =)
~Jonna~