Saturday, August 4, 2007

Teen Girls Camp

Praise God for a wonderful week at Mt. View Bible Camp in Virginia. We had the missionary time each morning which proved to be an excellent time. We spent some time sharing about Brazil, teaching a song in portuguese and most importantly sharing what is at the center of missions - namely the glory of God!






We were responsible for an activity every day - so I enjoyed using some of my games from years past as an activity director! They seemed to be a hit!




Thursday night there was a camp fire service. I took the opportunity to challenge the girls on the public confessed commitments they made. All to often I remember making decisions at camp that fizzled about as quick as that fire. That evening as I read from II Cor.3:18 (conformity into God's image) my encouragement for them was that they might stand and give testimony in 2008 of how God had given them grace to be faithful the entire year and not waver. I know it is difficult, but I believe we need to hear more testimonies of victorious Christian living. May God help us!



Thankfully, Sharon has felt very good throughout the whole pregnancy with the exception of some swollen feet. She was a great help to me this week and I thank God for her. On Thursday Sharon shared her testimony and a brief challenge with the girls and it was quite encouraging - especially since I rarely get a chance hear my wife speak.



Please pray for us this next week as we have missions conference locally.

Be sure to thank the Lord for an additional 7% of support - putting us at 57%!

Thank you all for praying - God bless

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

I just LOVE camp ministry! When it is done right, and done well, it can be what no other ministry can be.

So fun you could both be there together! It was great for Josh and I to work together at Camp OUTT this summer -- all day everyday. I love seeing what a team we make!

And YAY! for the 7% of support! WOOHOO!

James and Christen said...

Thanks for the update. It sounds like a fun week! We are so glad that Sharon is doing well. I wish we could see her.

We had pizza with her dad and brother last week and it was good to hear them talk about you guys.

Praise the Lord for the increase in support. We pray for you guys alot. I cannot tell you what an encouragement it will be to live close to you and work together. To be with someone like-minded is such a special blessing.
Christen

Patty Armitage said...

When is that baby due? I've been praying for your "3"